Department Of Periodontology
Periodontology is the branch of dentistry that deals with the treatment of diseases of all supporting and investing structures of the teeth.
Clinical & Laboratory and Facilities
The Department is equipped with 10 dental chairs and units patients care.
The activities of the Department of Periodontics can broadly grouped as “Patients’ Care” and “Educational, Research & Developmental” activities.
We are committed to provide following dental services.
- Scaling and root planning
- Crown lengthening
- Simple open flaps for debridement
- Regenerative periodontal therapies including root preparation
- Guided tissue and bone regeneration using different bone graft materials and variable resorbable and non-resorbable membranes
- Periodontal plastic surgeries for root coverage in gingival recession
- Application of antimicrobial agents including antibiotics (systemic or local)
- Treating furcation involvement by different approaches (guided tissue regeneration, root resection and hemisection)
- Tooth splinting
- Dental Implant
As part of a public university, we will produce an oral health care provider with a holistic public health approach to health care and management of patients with periodontal diseases and conditions. We are committed to provide contemporary, comprehensive and compassionate dental care to the members of our surrounding community and conduct cutting-edge research to advance our discipline’s professional knowledge base.
To educate and train 3rd year dental students a basic understanding of periodontal science and practical training necessary to provide patients with basic periodontal care. Further, to provides advance periodontal training to house & fellowship trainee to enhance their understanding and skills for periodontal procedures. This aims at enhancing students' clinical skills in diagnosing, treating and preventing periodontal diseases for a wide range of patients.
We are committed to reach the following goals:
- To enable the students to demonstrate professional behavior and critical thinking based on sound scientific foundation and lifelong learning.
- Competence at the basic theoretical & clinical skills leading to understanding of diagnosis and treatment of periodontal diseases.
- Competence to provide high quality patient service and a wide spectrum of dental care by our undergraduate and graduate students, and by our faculty staff.
- Graduates to be more familiar with the idea of designing & performing the basic & clinical research in periodontics.
- To provide opportunity to graduates participate in national & international research competitions.
- To make collaborative research activities at national & international levels, and publish data in high impact journals.
The Department of Periodontics plays a significant role in contributing to and overseeing the development of dental students in the following areas:
- Graduates must be competent in patient assessment and diagnosis.
- Graduates must be competent in comprehensive treatment planning and assessment of treatment outcomes.
- Graduates must be competent in the management of patients requiring basic & advanced periodontal procedures.
- High standards of patient care and service.
|Dr. Yasir Dilshad Siddiqui
Head of Department
|BDS, MSc (Malaysia), PhD (Japan)